H * R*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

There are currently 1 people chatting.
lovemud

Click for info on being a site sponsor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Whollie Shop LEDs on my golf cart  (Read 1833 times)
Pungohboy
Administrator
800cc

Need Stickers? PM Me

« on: May 06, 2012, 12:02:06 PM »

I had spoke with Shane at The Whoolie Shop a while back to see if he had any LED kits that would work for my golf cart. He asked me to get some measurements and pick a color and after getting him that info he told me it would be no problem he said 10 strips would be perfect for the job. Shortly after working out the details I had a nice little package with the LED kit.

The kit was well put together with almost everything you need to do the install. The LED's have 3m tape and the kit comes with 3m adhesion promoter which is a nice touch. The reason I said almost is for my golf cart the way I had to run some of the wires I ended up needing about 10ft of wire to help some of the LED's reach where i wanted all my connections to terminate, this could have been my fault but since this was a custom kit I figured it would probably be needed so I already had some wire on standby.

I read through the instructions a couple times just to make sure i wasn't going to screw up they are very well written and even have pictures for those of us who don't like reading instructions. The best tip in the instructions and what I believe was the most important part was to wire one of the LED strips to a separate battery like a 9v well since i didn't have one around I used a power wheels battery which was worked out although I would recommend a 9v for ease of use. Once wired up you can figure out the proper placement of the LED's I would recommend doing this somewhere where you can get it a bit dark so you can figure out the glow pattern. My golf cart is lifted 4 inches and runs 22 inch Kenda Klaws so i have a little potential of rubbing some spots with the tires so I had to take that in account mounting the lights but there was a good spot for 9 of the 10 strips. I did end up with 1 leftover strip I am debating putting it under my dash to light the floor board but i am not 100% sure i want to do that yet. I mounted one strip under each wheel well 2 under each side in the middle of the cart and one in the middle of the rear. I was going to do the last one under the middle of the front but with the bumper I have I couldn't find a good place that would keep it from just having a bunch of shadows.

I have had the kit installed for about a week now and really like them. When figuring out placement of the strips it looked like they would be bright but until I got them all wired together it ended up being much brighter and better looking than I imagined. I can actually drive around at night with just the LED's if i go slow since the ones in the front wheel wells project the light out front about 8 ft. I haven't taken the cart anywhere other than around my property but my Neighbor saw me riding around the driveway and came over to ask about the lights, he was very impressed with the way they looked and how bright they are.

Although it has only been a week I am very happy with the kit and would recommend it to anyone wanting to add a little something to set them apart from others. The kit is very easy to install, is well made, and really adds to the coolness factor of your ride.

Pics of the kit

Clubcar lifted gas golf cart Camaro Green, Whoolie Shop Green LED's
2003 Honda Rancher 2x4
2003 Raptor 80
2005 CRF50
East Coast ATV Riders
« on: May 06, 2012, 12:02:06 PM »

Pappy
aka Pappy
800cc

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 12:35:57 PM »

AWESOME> Same ones I have on the MUDPRO

If you \"expect the unexpected\"<br />Doesnt that make the unexpected, expected???????<br /><br />--My current inventory--<br />2009 Arctic Cat Mudpro 700H1<br />              Radiator Racked<br />              Speedwerx Slipon<br />              14\" MS Crushers<br />              30x9x14 Backs<br />              Modded Snorkels<br />2007 Raptor 350<br />       DG Slipon<br />       Maxxis RAZR2 rears<br />       MODQUAD Airfilter System<br />2007 TRX250EX<br />       Maxxis RAZR2 rears
quick26
Carolina Kracker
Global Moderator
800cc

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »

looks great!

I am not post whoring, I am providing and over abundance of useless information.
PeteJennings
Power Wheels Rider

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 06:40:46 AM »

I had spoke with Shane at The Whoolie Shop a while back to see if he had any LED kits that would work for my golf cart. He asked me to get some measurements and pick a color and after getting him that info he told me it would be no problem he said 10 strips would be perfect for the job. Shortly after working out the details I had a nice little package with the led lighting.

The kit was well put together with almost everything you need to do the install. The LED's have 3m tape and the kit comes with 3m adhesion promoter which is a nice touch. The reason I said almost is for my golf cart the way I had to run some of the wires I ended up needing about 10ft of wire to help some of the LED's reach where i wanted all my connections to terminate, this could have been my fault but since this was a custom kit I figured it would probably be needed so I already had some wire on standby.

I read through the instructions a couple times just to make sure i wasn't going to screw up they are very well written and even have pictures for those of us who don't like reading instructions. The best tip in the instructions and what I believe was the most important part was to wire one of the LED strips to a separate battery like a 9v well since i didn't have one around I used a power wheels battery which was worked out although I would recommend a 9v for ease of use. Once wired up you can figure out the proper placement of the LED's I would recommend doing this somewhere where you can get it a bit dark so you can figure out the glow pattern. My golf cart is lifted 4 inches and runs 22 inch Kenda Klaws so i have a little potential of rubbing some spots with the tires so I had to take that in account mounting the lights but there was a good spot for 9 of the 10 strips. I did end up with 1 leftover strip I am debating putting it under my dash to light the floor board but i am not 100% sure i want to do that yet. I mounted one strip under each wheel well 2 under each side in the middle of the cart and one in the middle of the rear. I was going to do the last one under the middle of the front but with the bumper I have I couldn't find a good place that would keep it from just having a bunch of shadows.

I have had the kit installed for about a week now and really like them. When figuring out placement of the strips it looked like they would be bright but until I got them all wired together it ended up being much brighter and better looking than I imagined. I can actually drive around at night with just the LED's if i go slow since the ones in the front wheel wells project the light out front about 8 ft. I haven't taken the cart anywhere other than around my property but my Neighbor saw me riding around the driveway and came over to ask about the lights, he was very impressed with the way they looked and how bright they are.

Although it has only been a week I am very happy with the kit and would recommend it to anyone wanting to add a little something to set them apart from others. The kit is very easy to install, is well made, and really adds to the coolness factor of your ride.

Pics of the kit

Amazing I must say.. I am glad you hare shared some pics and I will now get similar lights.. Thanks again
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 12:26:22 PM by PeteJennings » Logged
Pungohboy
Administrator
800cc

Need Stickers? PM Me

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 10:17:54 AM »

The lights are still working great and are still my favorite part of the cart. They really get some attention.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Clubcar lifted gas golf cart Camaro Green, Whoolie Shop Green LED's
2003 Honda Rancher 2x4
2003 Raptor 80
2005 CRF50
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Poll
Like This Site?

Help keep it running

Or Become A Supporting Member
Random Picture
Brian

Posted by gotsnodooks on 23 Jul 2006

in
Transfer from Old Album

Viewed 275 times
1024w X 768h
90176 bytes
Recent
[April 06, 2014, 07:51:30 PM]

[December 07, 2013, 11:10:52 PM]

[November 06, 2013, 10:01:53 PM]

[November 01, 2013, 03:04:13 PM]

[October 27, 2013, 06:29:19 PM]
Last 5 Shouts:
July 28, 2013, 10:43:06 AM
Wake up peeps

April 18, 2013, 07:16:08 AM
Saturday is Earth Day so make sure you get out and play in the MUD!
April 10, 2013, 01:14:03 PM
Anyone going to CAW on the 27th for the poker run and night ride?
March 21, 2013, 08:20:51 PM
thought id check up on the old site since ive been MIA for so long, howdy everyone
March 14, 2013, 03:52:41 PM
Taking the SIL and grandson riding Saturday...anyone else going?